Microsoft gave a massive boost to the collaborative feature of the Office Suite by introducing Microsoft Office 2016 Setup, which allows individual users to work and operate as teams. It aims at bringing about a greater cohesiveness in the world of business and major corporations. Microsoft has outdone itself by going beyond Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook and has also included integrated cloud services even for mobile devices. These cloud-based services also enable monthly updates that keep on adding new and improved features. Furthermore, you can attach your recent files to your Outlook mails, which is a lot more convenient than hunting for your file.
Ultimately, Office 2016 is a powerhouse of a productivity tool and is a must-have on any of your devices. To get Office 2016 for home or business, go to office.com/setup.
NOTE: Before you begin the download, installation, and setup of Microsoft Office 2016, checks if your system (Mac or PC) meets the minimum system requirements to host the application.
Office 2016 for Home
Office 2016 for Home is largely for personal use. These products come with product key printed on the box. If your copy of Office also came with a product key, you may sign in to your Microsoft Account (or create a new one) and register the product key on the official website. Carry out this step before you install the software on your system. Once your key has been verified, your key stands redeemed. This is a one-time activity.
Office 2016 for Business
If you are making use of Office 2016 for Business, then you must check your subscription plan and see if it includes the desktop version of the Office Suite applications. You will be able to install them only if you are assigned a license through the governing authority at your office. Contact your IT cell to know more about licenses and downloading Office for Business.
How to Download Microsoft Office 2016 Setup?
Follow the steps given below to download the Microsoft Office 2016 software:
- Head over to the Microsoft website or www.office.com/setup and select the Sign In option. Enter the credentials of the account associated with your purchase of the copy of Microsoft Office 2016.
- If you are a first-time user, you may have to create a Microsoft Account. Click on the Sign up option and enter all the details in the sign up form. This will create your Microsoft Account, which will be linked to your account and apps.
- Use the ‘Forgot Password’ option to recover your Microsoft Account if you already have an account.
- On the homepage, click on Install Office/Install Office apps. Select the language of your choice, choose between the 32-bit and 64-bit version, and toggle between the various installation options. Once you have made all the selections, click on Install Office.
- This will begin the download of the Office 2016. If the download does not begin promptly, contact Microsoft Helpdesk.
How to Install Microsoft Office 2016 Setup on a Windows PC?
- Locate the downloaded file on your local disk. Double-click on the setup file.
- You will be greeted with a prompt saying “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” choose “Yes.” This will begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, the installer will display “You’re all set! Office is installed now,” and a demo will display where the Office applications are installed.
- Click on close. Follow the on-screen steps to locate your Office apps.
How to Install Microsoft Office 2016 Setup on a Mac?
- Find the downloaded file in your Downloads (you may use the Finder) and double-click on the Microsoft_Office_2016_installer.pkg file.
- Click on Continue to begin the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions and click Continue until you reach the installation location. Review the disk space and click on Install.
- Enter your Mac password to authorize the installation.
- Click Close once the installation is completed.
How to Activate Microsoft Office 2016 Setup?
Once Office is installed, you need to setup and activate your product so that you can enjoy the full features of the licensed software.
- Open any Office 2016 application.
- In most cases, the Office Suite and its applications are already activated, and you just need to accept the License terms.
- However, the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard may prompt you to activate the product by entering the 25 characters alpha-numeric product key. Follow the on-screen instructions and log into your Microsoft Account to complete the activation.