This week, Microsoft announced a free version for its Teams group chat and collaboration program. The free version will allow going head-to-head with the free version of the useful and active Slack team collaboration tool. Since late-2016, Microsoft Teams has been available but needed an Office 365 Business subscription. On the other hands, Slack is starting with a free tier and helped it gain tracking quickly among small-scale businesses and other teams.
Microsoft Teams Free
Now, this free version of Microsoft Teams is available, and you have no need an Office 365 subscriber to use this version. Of course, you have no required to sign in into Microsoft account; with the help of an email address, you can start this tool.
The free version will work for small to midsize scale businesses. And a group of up to 300 people also can use it. It will also provide unlimited chat and message search such as- unlimited app integrations, audio and video conference calling, 10GB of team storage plus an additional 2GB per person for personal storage, and a lot more.
However, the current free version of Microsoft Teams package is offering far more than the Slack free tier. Slack will support only ten app integrations with 5GB file storage, and limits search to the latest 10 thousand messages. It will also perform with some of the devices such as- Windows desktop, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Below, you will see a list of features that you will you get from the Microsoft Teams free version according to Microsoft:
The free version of Microsoft Teams providing some of the amazing and useful features for up to 300 people:-
- Will help to collaborate and communicate with everyone both insider or outsider from your firm, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
- Providing built-in audio and video calling function for single, groups, and full team meetups.
- Comes with real-time content creation with Office Online apps, such as- built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 140+ business apps to choose from—including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus an additional 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Providing unlimited chat messages and search.
No doubt, there are a number of active features that aren’t providing in the entry-level version such as- scheduled meetings recorded with Microsoft Stream, searchable meeting transcriptions, and Exchange hosting is not supported for each type of device.
Although, Microsoft is offering those amazing and powerful features starting with an active plan for $5 per user/month and Premium for $12.50 per user/month.
Of course, it is a smart feature for the people, produced by Microsoft. It will offer an incentive for users. This incentive will help you to use its collaboration software.
In case, if are using Slack and wish to check out what is Microsoft is offering currently then by signing in up for the free version of Microsoft Teams.