Not that long ago, FaceTime received a significant update. iOS 12 and MacOS Mojave device owners can now make and receive group FaceTime calls. They can add a maximum of 32 individuals on just one call. All the callers must have iOS 12 to make use of this feature.
How can start a Group FaceTime call?
Group FaceTime calls can be started either via the FaceTime application or Messages application.
- Locate the FaceTime application from the home screens.
- Tap on FaceTime application.
- Hit the + icon located in the top right edge of the app screen.
- Now, in the box next to “To,” key in the name of the person you want to make the call do.
- Tap on the name.
- Now, add a different name.
- Keep adding the names of all people you want to make the Group FaceTime call to.
- When you wish to make the call, just select the video or audio option.
- After that, all the participants will get notified that you wish to chat with them over FaceTime.
- Tap on the Messages app from the home screen.
- If you want to make the Group FaceTime call to a group of people with whom you already have a group message conversation, then open that thread.
- Or else, add a different message thread in the Messages app.
- Now, at the upper portion, all the participants of the conversation are shown.
- Tap on it so that the menu bar appears.
- Now select the FaceTime option.
- Now, you can make Group FaceTime calls from the Messages app.
How to answer Group FaceTime calls?
When somebody adds you to a FaceTime Group call, either through Messages app or via FaceTime app, and makes the call, you will get notified in a pop-up. The message on your screen will show that a FaceTime call is coming from the caller’s name and the names of the receivers will also be listed. Tap on Join FaceTime Call to answer it.
How to Join Group FaceTime calls at any time?
If you are chatting or conversing with people over a group thread on the Messages app and somebody starts a FaceTime call, then all the other members of the group can join it whenever they want.
When you open the Messages app and go to the group message thread, you will see a small box which will show whether the call is still going on. If you tap on Join, then you will be able to get added to the group call.
How to add a new user to a Group FaceTime call?
- When the group call is going on, just hit the three dots button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This will open a list of options.
- You will be able to see the number of people in the conversation.
- Hit the +Add Person option.
- Now just select any contact that is listed, and they will get notified about the call.
How to exit Group FaceTime calls?
Disconnecting FaceTime calls is rather easy. Just hit the red colored cross icon located in the mid-central region of the screen.