Autodesk SketchBook app is a top-quality drawing app that comes with a robust set of tools and features. This application can be downloaded and installed from the Apple App Store, and it allows you to draw, paint, and sketch on the go. You can unleash your creativity with this useful app. If you have an iPad, then you can draw sketches very easily. Let’s find out how.
How to draw a sketch?
- Well, firstly you need to unlock your iPad.
- After that, tap on the Autodesk SketchBook app’s icon. The icon represents a pencil.
- When the app launches, tap on the plus icon located in the lower tray.
- In a menu that appears, select the first option called New Sketch.
- Now, you can determine the length and breadth of the sketch.
- Hit the Create button.
- From the range of brushes, pens, and pencils, located in the left tab, select the one you want.
- You can adjust the size or opacity of the selected brush by going to the settings.
- After that, tap on the color option to select the color you want to sketch with.
- If you want to make a composite sketch, then just add layers so that there is no mix-up.
- Just tap on the box located at the right-hand side and hit the Plus button to insert a layer.
- Now, with the help of toolbar, make changes to your drawing.
You can redo or undo the changes made. You can also select a certain segment of the sketch. When working with different layers, use the Transform feature. If you wish to fill in colors, then just tap on Fill Bucket. For drawing straight lines, just make the use of a ruler. There are several symmetrical and geometrical shapes which allow you to draw perfect shapes.
How to draw from a picture?
- Launch the Autodesk SketchBook app on the iPad.
- Now, tap on the plus icon located in the lower tray.
- From the list of options that appear, tap on the second one called New from Image.
- Now, you can decide if you wish to snap a new image, import a picture, or browse the folders.
- Choose the image you wish to draw.
- After that, click on the Create button.
- The image will be there on the first layer.
- You can now crop the picture or change the backdrop to white.
- In order to insert an additional layer, simply hit the big Plus icon located above the box present at the right-hand side.
- Now, a new layer will get added, and you will not be able to sketch over the image by accident.
- In order to be on the safer side, just lock the first layer, so that it cannot be edited.
Just pick up the brush you want from the left pane, and start sketching.