There is no doubt that Microsoft Excel is an excellent ability to efficiently calculations complicated and straightforward SUM. There is a list of numbers, but you can find the SUM of them. But sometimes, we have to face a common issue with Excel that where the numbers in cells are intermittent. This issue is sporadic behavior in Excel software. You have some of the numbers in few cells and followed by a blank cell. You need to sum all the numbers and display the result in following blank cell. Here is a simple way to calculate sporadic totals in Excel.
If you have huge information on your excel, then it is not an easy task and not simple to do it quickly in this pattern. In this post, you will see a simple process to calculate sporadic totals in your Excel program easily that will help you to calculate the sum of cells which are intermittent.
How to Calculate Sporadic Totals in Excel?
- So, first, you need to select all of the cells in ‘Sales’ column.
- Then press the CTRL+G or F5 keys to open “Go To” dialog box.
- After that, click on the ‘Special’ button and then select the ‘Constants’ radio button.
- Then click on the ‘Ok,’ and it would select all cells in ‘Sales’ column that has numbers.
- Now, go to the ‘Home’ tab and then move to under ‘Editing’ section.
- Then click on the ‘AutoSum’ option.
- This will help you to sum up values in selected cells and shows the result in respective blank cells.
- To highlight blank cells that have a sum of cells, select all of the cells in ‘Sales’ column again.
- Now, press the CTRL+G or F5 button to open “Go To” dialog box again.
- Then click on the ‘Special’ button and then select the ‘Formulas’ radio button, click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- This will help you to show cells which show totals which you calculated above as it has formulas.
- You have to fill it with color to differentiate from other cells.
This provided method is straightforward to follow in order to calculate sporadic totals in Excel. Hope it will help you resolve this Excel issue efficiently.