Ever since its first version came in 1995, Microsoft has launched several new versions with added functions and features. Each and every function and tool of MS Office has been added keeping in mind the requirements and needs of the users of school, personal, business, home, along with enterprise services. Currently, MS Office 2019 version is going to be launched soon. From 1995 until now, several versions of MS Office have been released. The most notable MS Office versions are Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, and Office 2003.
How to download Office Setup?
Users have the option to download MS Office setup through two modes: Online and Offline. Here are some simple steps mentioned below for downloading MS Office setup:
- Launch the web browser.
- In the URL tab enter www.office.com/setup in order to log in.
- Fill in all the required Log In information such as username and password.
- A prompt to provide the product key will come.
- Fill in the product key in the box and hit the enter key.
- However, if you do not have any existing Microsoft account because you are a new user, then you have to click on the Create An Account button so that you can create a new account.
- Enter all the details mentioned in the Sign Up form.
- After that, go through the list of all Ms Office subscriptions and choose one appropriately.
- Finally, click on the download button.
- Open the package of purchase Microsoft Office product.
- Insert the Office Setup CD in the CD drive of the computer system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and download the MS Office product.
If you have downloaded the MS Office product setup online, then you will get the MS Office product key in the inbox of your registered email address. This product key will be needed at the time of MS Office product activation. However, if you have bought the MS Office product offline, then you will be provided with the product key along with the setup disk. Secure the product key.
Steps to Install Microsoft Office Setup
- Launch the browser and go to office.com/setup.
- Sign in to your Ms Office account.
- In the Office homepage, click on Install Office.
- Click on the Run button if you use Edge or Internet Explorer, click on Setup button if you use Google Chrome, or click on the Save File button if you are using Mozilla Firefox.
- In the User Account Control window, click on the Yes button.
- The Office setup will begin to install.
- When the installation process is done and over with, a phrase, “You are all set! Office is installed now” will crop up on the screen. After that, an animation will play on the screen to show the user where they can locate the Office apps on their device.
- Go to start and click on all Apps if you wish to see where the Office applications are located.
- Click on the Close button.
- If you have purchased the Office product offline, then insert the CD into the disk drive. IF you have already downloaded it, then go to the default download location and double click on the setup.
- Double click on the Office installer icon.
- Now, click on the continue button.
- Glance through the Software license agreement and then click on the Continue button. To accept the terms provided in the agreement, click on the Agree button.
- Click on the Install button to proceed with the installation. If you wish to change the drive for installing the setup, then click on Change Install Location option.
- Click on the customize button if you do not wish to install MS Office fonts, dock icons, and other apps.
- To start the installation process, type in your Mac user name and password. Click on the OK button.
- Click on close when the installation process is complete.
How to Install Office Setup With a CD?
- Insert the MS Office Setup CD into the CD drive.
- Click on start and then select Computer.
- Double-click on the disc drive if the Operating system does not automatically launches the setup.
- Enter the product key when prompted.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Go through the license terms and conditions and after that check the box next to “I Accept the Terms of This Agreement.”
- Click on the Continue button.
- Thereafter, click on Customize.
- Choose the first program of tool from the given list and thereafter select “Run from My Computer” or “Run All from My Computer.”
- Click on the Install Now button to install MS Office.
Office Setup Activation
- Open any one of the installed MS Office applications like PowerPoint, word, etc.
- The Ms Office Activation Wizard will appear.
- Enter the 25 character alphanumeric product key and press the Enter key.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and activate the MS Office product.
Simple Steps To Uninstall Office Setup
Users may have to uninstall MS Office setup from their computer systems. Follow the steps mentioned below for uninstalling MS Office:
- Click on start and head to the Control Panel
- Click on Programs and then click on the Uninstall a program link.
- Now, in the Programs and Features tab, select the MS Office program and right click on it.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete. It may take several moments.
- Click on the close button when prompted.
- Restart the computer system.